Taste is the number one purchase driver of foods and beverages, but it must fit with consumers’ other demands, including health, value for money, product quality, shelf life and attractive appearance. Meanwhile, taste overlaps strongly with texture, as mouthfeel and the way foods are broken down in the mouth can exert an enormous influence over how taste is perceived.
Main topics covered are:
- Natural flavour trends across categories
- Unusual flavour and texture combinations
- Hybrid concepts in beverages
- Balancing taste and texture in healthier food and beverages
- Taste and texture in meat alternatives