Consumers are trying to lead healthier diets and lifestyles, especially in a COVID-19 environment as they look to maximize their health. This means that consumers want to continue to eat bakery products on a regular basis but at the same time, do not want such products to conflict with wider health goals. As consumers take a broader approach to health maintenance, they are also associating sustainable and local produce with being better-for-the- individual.
The main points covered are:
- Consumers want reassurance that products are 100% natural
- Ingredient and label simplification are crucial when it comes to clean label bakery products
- Sports nutrition products continue to grow in popularity in the bakery market
- Consumers want bakery products that are high in protein
- Opportunities exist when it comes to ingredients that aid relaxation