This contest is open to all startups with innovations targeting the F&B sector, with a focus on food or beverage ingredients or additives that improve taste, texture, appearance and/or nutritional value, as well as those startups developing technologies and/or services that support the F&B industry.
Entries close: Friday, 2 October 2020
For rules, regulations and registrations, visit: https://bit.ly/StartupInnovationChallenge
Benefits for startups
- Global exposure
By simply applying, startups already gain exposure as they pitch their innovation on paper to our advisory board who are responsible for shortlisting.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to pre-record pitches that will be made available as on-demand sessions throughout the whole two-week virtual Fi Europe CONNECT 2020 event, for users to engage with.
- Matchmaking and networking opportunities
Shortlisted startups will receive a complimentary company profile during the two-week virtual Fi Europe CONNECT 2020 event. Such profiles will allow access to various virtual networking opportunities and matchmaking services for free.
- Live announcement session during the virtual Fi Europe CONNECT 2020 event
Winners will be showcased during a live session held as part of the Fi Europe CONNECT 2020 virtual event.
- Most Innovative Food or Beverage Ingredient. This category covers F&B ingredients or additives from an animal or plant source that improve sensory attributes such as taste, texture, smell, and/or appearance. E.g. flavours, flavour enhancers, colours, sweeteners, emulsifiers, stabilisers, (thickeners, binders, texturisers), acidulants, firming agents, anti-caking agents, leavening agents, humectants, dough strengtheners, fat substitutions, yeast nutrients, PH control agents, enzyme preparations, etc.
- Most Innovative Alternative Food or Beverage Ingredient. This category specifically covers F&B ingredients or additives from a novel non-animal/plant source. E.g. fungi, algae, insects, micro-organisms, lab grown/cell-cultured or another non-animal/plant food source.
- Most Innovative Healthy Food or Beverage Ingredient. This category covers F&B ingredients or additives from an animal/plant/alternative source that contribute to digestive, cognitive, immune or physical health, with a focus on natural and/or sustainable processes. E.g. functional lipids, dietary fibre, probiotics, botanicals, flavonoids.
- Most Innovative Process, Technology or Service Supporting F&B. This category covers innovations that improve food safety, efficacy, quality, traceability, transparency, ingredient sourcing, supply chain management, or upcycling.
Questions? Contact the content producer, Wilmari Wilsnach below:
Our expert jury includes: