This contest is open to all startups with innovations targeting the F&B sector with a focus on:
- ground-breaking ingredients / additives that improve taste, texture, appearance, and/or the nutritional value of food and beverages
- revolutionary processing technologies
- pioneering technologies or services that support the F&B industry
Hosted in conjunction with Fi Europe, co-located with Hi Europe the world's largest gathering of ingredient buyers and decision makers, finalists will not only gain global exposure, but also meet key industry players who can help take their innovations to the next level.
Entries to the Fi Global Startup Innovation Challenge 2021 will be open from 1 June to 28 September 2021.
Once you’ve submitted your information, you will gain access to the Fi Global Startup Innovation Challenge Official Rules and Regulations 2021. Our team will contact you to help you proceed with your application.
- The jury is made up of a mix of the following food experts:
- R&D experts from research institutes
- F&B ingredient companies
- F&B manufacturers
- Banks / Venture Capitalists
- Startup Incubators / accelerators / supporters
The 6th edition of the Fi Global Startup Innovation Challenge cover four separate categories. Startups can select all the categories applicable to their innovative projects but will only be considered as candidates for one. Where multiple categories are selected, the shortlisting jury will determine which of the four categories would be most appropriate.
The categories are:
- Most Innovative Food or Beverage Ingredient
This category covers innovations related to food and beverage ingredients or additives from an animal / plant / alternative source.
- Most Innovative Healthy Food or Beverage Ingredient
This category covers innovations related to food and beverage ingredients or additives from an animal / plant / alternative source that contribute to digestive, cognitive, immune or physical health, with a focus on natural and/or sustainable processes.
- Most Innovative Processing Technology
This category covers innovations related to food processing technologies that have the potential to positively impact the F&B industry.
- Most Innovative Technology or Service Supporting the F&B Industry
This category covers innovations that support improvements in ingredients sourcing and production, food safety, traceability, transparency, or supply chain management.
Winners will be announced live during Fi Europe 2021, co-located with Hi Europe, hosted from 30 November – 2 December in Frankfurt, Germany. Each winner can select one of the following prizes on offer:
- A fully equipped stand at Fi Europe 2022.
Fi Global Insights & Ingredients Network
- Fi Global Insights & Ingredients Network Digital Package to promote your online presence throughout the year.
- Access to the Presans ‘Conciergerie’ innovation platform.
- One-week residence in the ShakeUp foodtech factory at StationF with coaching sessions.
lsbi | life science-based innovations
- Value building session: a stepwise and integrated approach to health, safety, sustainability, and regulatory compliance
Big Idea Ventures
A one-on-one mentoring with Big Idea Ventures in-house food scientist, who provides valuable advice on food science and technology, including product and process development, scale-up, packaging technology, shelf-life evaluation, and more.
The Good Food Institute India
Mentoring to all winning startups with a focus on Alternative Proteins - especially the Indian Market.
One-on-one mentoring from one of our jury members: