This contest is open to all startups with innovations targeting the F&B sector with a focus on:
- ground-breaking ingredients / additives that improve taste, texture, appearance, and/or the nutritional value of food and beverages
- revolutionary processing technologies
- pioneering technologies or services that support the F&B industry
Hosted in conjunction with Fi Europe, co-located with Hi Europe the world's largest gathering of ingredient buyers and decision makers, finalists will not only gain global exposure but will also meet key industry players who can help take their innovations to the next level.
Entries to the Fi Global Startup Innovation Challenge 2021 have now closed. Join us at Fi Europe 2021 to learn more about the industry-changing innovators of tomorrow!
- The jury is made up of a mix of the following food experts:
- R&D experts from research institutes
- F&B ingredient companies
- F&B manufacturers
- Banks / Venture Capitalists
- Startup Incubators / accelerators / supporters
The 6th edition of the Fi Global Startup Innovation Challenge cover four categories.
- Most Innovative Food or Beverage Ingredient
This category covers innovations related to food and beverage ingredients or additives from an animal / plant / alternative source.
- Most Innovative Healthy Food or Beverage Ingredient
This category covers innovations related to food and beverage ingredients or additives from an animal / plant / alternative source that contribute to digestive, cognitive, immune or physical health, with a focus on natural and/or sustainable processes.
- Most Innovative Processing Technology
This category covers innovations related to food processing technologies that have the potential to positively impact the F&B industry.
- Most Innovative Technology or Service Supporting the F&B Industry
This category covers innovations that support improvements in ingredients sourcing and production, food safety, traceability, transparency, or supply chain management.
Winners will be announced live during Fi Europe 2021, co-located with Hi Europe, hosted from 30 November – 2 December in Frankfurt, Germany.
The following prizes are up for grabs for our winners to choose from:
- A fully equipped stand at Fi Europe 2022.
Fi Global Insights & Ingredients Network
- Fi Global Insights & Ingredients Network Digital Package to promote your online presence throughout the year.
- Access to the Presans ‘Conciergerie’ innovation platform.
- One-week residence in the ShakeUp foodtech factory at StationF with coaching sessions.
lsbi | life science-based innovations
- Value building session: a stepwise and integrated approach to health, safety, sustainability, and regulatory compliance
Big Idea Ventures
A one-on-one mentoring with Big Idea Ventures in-house food scientist, who provides valuable advice on food science and technology, including product and process development, scale-up, packaging technology, shelf-life evaluation, and more.
The Good Food Institute India
Mentoring to all winning startups with a focus on Alternative Proteins - especially the Indian Market.
One-on-one mentoring from one of our jury members: